Fellowship of Scouts and Guides of Finland
– Scouting is a way of life, but it can also be a hobby –
The motto of the Fellowships of Scouts and Guides is: “Once a scout, always a scout”
What is the Fellowship of Scouts and Guides of Finland (FSGF)?
The Fellowship of Scouts and Guides of Finland is a society founded in Finland in 1951 for adults with a background in scouting, but also open to all those who accept the ideals of the scout movement and want to join in activities for adults within the spirit of scouting. The aims of our activities are:
– to unite former scouts and guides and other adults who embrace the ideals of scouting
– to encourage the founding of local scout guilds
– to invite as members also people outside the guilds
– to offer the members events and tours both at home and abroad
– to carry out charity projects
– to represent Finland within the International Scout and Guide Fellowship (ISGF)
– to publish the membership magazine “Pyhä Yrjänä” (St. George)
– to work in cooperation with the Scout Union of Finland
– to be responsible for the scouts’ Stamp Bank in Finland
The Local Scout and Guide Fellowships offer their members diverse social activities, the possibility to connect to other guild members both at home and abroad and to cooperate with the scout movement.